Forum suggestions

Talk anything unrelated to the Godot Engine
Qwerty

I like the forum, but I really think that Markdown and maybe HTML should be allowed. I'm a lot more used to Discourse forums so not that familiar with BBCode.
Qwerty
EricRogerGarcia

I like markdown too
:)
grey

in order to not clutter General Chat with suggestion, i will just post mine in this thread as well

it would be really useful to be able to react to posts with a thumbs up at the least, if that is even possible
the reason i suggest this is so that it is easier to find the solution to a problem in a help thread for example
@lifeisspoon on twitter
stayathomedev
Site Admin

Qwerty wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:23 am I like the forum, but I really think that Markdown and maybe HTML should be allowed. I'm a lot more used to Discourse forums so not that familiar with BBCode.
Can definitely check on that.
grey wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:44 pm it would be really useful to be able to react to posts with a thumbs up at the least, if that is even possible
the reason i suggest this is so that it is easier to find the solution to a problem in a help thread for example
Can't imagine there isn't an extension for that. Will do
grey

stayathomedev wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:54 pm [...]
Can't imagine there isn't an extension for that. Will do
thank you for using your time to make this community better
@lifeisspoon on twitter
DaveTheCoder

so not that familiar with BBCode.
BBCode was and is the State of the Art. It's simple and predictable. Everything that came later is worse. If you can write GDScript, you can handle BBCode. :mrgreen:
Last edited by DaveTheCoder on Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NLDukey

I couldn't get my gif to auto play with bbcodes, so here hoping a markdown plugin fixes that by itself.
graydwarf

grey wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:44 pm in order to not clutter General Chat with suggestion, i will just post mine in this thread as well

it would be really useful to be able to react to posts with a thumbs up at the least, if that is even possible
I second the thumbs up request as well. I keep wanting to provide a quick simple reaction but I can't.

I'm also trying to read through introductions but the green check mark implementation has me confused and overwhelmed a bit. I keep coming back and wondering if I've read a particular post or not. Might just be me. After reading a post, the green checkmark persists which is what is confusing.
Alex
aka - GrayDwarf and Poplava

https://poplava.itch.io
https://graydwarf.itch.io
Tomcat

Perhaps it would be useful if there was available not only positive, but also negative marking of posts.

Can a link to Mastodon be added to a profile?

And it would probably be a good idea to exchange links: add a link to Godot's official site here and offer them a link to this forum on the site.
Last edited by Tomcat on Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
— Who's your enemy?
— The whole world.
— Who's your friend?
— The cat.
megalomaniak

As a past admin of the previous forum, I honestly think that BBCode is the better option. I was the one fixing the formatting of most of the posts because most new users did very much NOT know how to use markdown(or probably what it even was).

BBCode is much more widely known even though the two are both decades old and a bonus for godot editor users: BBCode is also what you use in RichTextLabels. Also, BBCode has always been relatively well standardized while Markdown has almost always been a very fractured and messy 'standard'.

Just my 2 cents worth.