Early Forum Suggestions

Any forum-wide announcements as well as forum and discussion rules will be posted and updated here.
stayathomedev
Site Admin

Just a quick announcement regarding the setup...this thing is fresh and it's been a hot minute since I fully setup phpBB (7-8 years ago?) So if a setting seems off (like the post approval, that should be fixed now), let me know here or PM me. I'll get to it ASAP.
kilrain

Is it possible to have a dedicated button on my header bar or something that is a quick link to unread posts? That's my favorite way to read a forum :)

I know about quick links, but it's not quick enough!
doctorbllk

stayathomedev wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:39 am Just a quick announcement regarding the setup...this thing is fresh and it's been a hot minute since I fully setup phpBB (7-8 years ago?) So if a setting seems off (like the post approval, that should be fixed now), let me know here or PM me. I'll get to it ASAP.
I think a kind of answer rating system would be beneficial. I know things like that can be dicey, but a "Best Answer" evaluation would be valuable, especially when threads become lengthy for support questions. Reactions could also be helpful!
stayathomedev
Site Admin

kilrain wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:27 pm Is it possible to have a dedicated button on my header bar or something that is a quick link to unread posts? That's my favorite way to read a forum :)

I can't imagine that would be hard to code into the template files. I'll have to put my webdeb hat on and check.
doctorbllk wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:31 pm I think a kind of answer rating system would be beneficial. I know things like that can be dicey, but a "Best Answer" evaluation would be valuable, especially when threads become lengthy for support questions. Reactions could also be helpful!
Best Answer would be awesome. Will research if something like that exists.
kilrain

doctorbllk wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:31 pm
stayathomedev wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:39 am Just a quick announcement regarding the setup...this thing is fresh and it's been a hot minute since I fully setup phpBB (7-8 years ago?) So if a setting seems off (like the post approval, that should be fixed now), let me know here or PM me. I'll get to it ASAP.
I think a kind of answer rating system would be beneficial. I know things like that can be dicey, but a "Best Answer" evaluation would be valuable, especially when threads become lengthy for support questions. Reactions could also be helpful!
Best answer and Likes are great. I don't see a need for a dislike though.
kilrain

stayathomedev wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:36 pm
kilrain wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:27 pm Is it possible to have a dedicated button on my header bar or something that is a quick link to unread posts? That's my favorite way to read a forum :)

I can't imagine that would be hard to code into the template files. I'll have to put my webdeb hat on and check.
Would be incredibly appreciated. If you ever need assistance on here I am interested and have a lot of time on my hands :)
doctorbllk

kilrain wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:00 pm Best answer and Likes are great. I don't see a need for a dislike though.
I need a reaction so I can let you know I agree without having to add a full-fledged reply :D
kilrain

doctorbllk wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:08 pm
kilrain wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:00 pm Best answer and Likes are great. I don't see a need for a dislike though.
I need a reaction so I can let you know I agree without having to add a full-fledged reply :D
Exactly, I would have liked this post, but instead I have to tell you!
doctorbllk

stayathomedev wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:36 pm
Best Answer would be awesome. Will research if something like that exists.
I know a Best Answer system is built into StackOverflow! Not sure if that's helpful to you or not, but I would assume you are already aware.
doctorbllk

Back with more! When viewing from the "Unread Posts" category, it would be nice to see what category a given thread is part of. E.g., currently only the thread name, thread creator, and last reply poster are included. It might be a thread in the "Resources" category, but it's not possible to see that until you click into the thread itself.