What happed with the old godot forum ?

Talk anything unrelated to the Godot Engine
megalomaniak

stayathomedev wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:26 pm So both a hosting and domain lapse? Rough
Thankfully not both at the exact same time.
kilrain

stayathomedev wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:26 pm
kilrain wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:10 pm I have some ideas that are available, want them posted somewhere so people can vote or?
Go for it!
megalomaniak wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:02 pm Previous to godotforums.org it was godotdevelopers.org. We lost it because nobody had properly taken charge of it IIRC and forgot to effectively renew it. So it got docked. I haven't checked but maybe its since freed. Might still be docked with namecheap tho.

Another good one might be godotcommunity.org - bonus - makes it more obvious that it's a community run effort perhaps.
godotcommunity.org is open. godotdevelopers.org is not.

So both a hosting and domain lapse? Rough
godot.forum (my favorite)
godotforums.net
godotforum.com
kilrain

kilrain wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:55 pm
kilrain wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:10 pm I have some ideas that are available, want them posted somewhere so people can vote or?
Go for it!
megalomaniak wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:02 pm Previous to godotforums.org it was godotdevelopers.org. We lost it because nobody had properly taken charge of it IIRC and forgot to effectively renew it. So it got docked. I haven't checked but maybe its since freed. Might still be docked with namecheap tho.

Another good one might be godotcommunity.org - bonus - makes it more obvious that it's a community run effort perhaps.

godotforums.net
godotforum.com

godot.guru
kilrain

kilrain wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:00 pm
kilrain wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:55 pm

Go for it!

godotforums.net
godotforum.com

godot.guru
godotcommunity.online

I'll stop there :P I think godot.forum works well otherwise adding community in there somewhere is nice addition.
SweetIce

I am more concern about the old data, is that a plan to migrate it somehow ? Did anyone have contact with the old moderator and access to the data ?
Let me know if I can help with anything also.
Tomcat

SweetIce wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:44 pmDid anyone have contact with the old moderator and access to the data ?
The forum and all its content is still available. In theory there are programs that download entire sites. But need a lot of storage space.
— Who's your enemy?
— The whole world.
— Who's your friend?
— The cat.
Lethn

I mentioned this in my intro thread but think I'd prefer communities to be decentralised and privately owned, the confusion comes when it's not properly categorised as such as is the case with their whole community section frankly. Maybe some kind of official place where the devs can answer specific Godot only related questions when they have the time. I really dislike the idea of their being any centralised community because then that leaves it open to political infiltration or just some admin deciding to have a hissy fit as we've witnessed now and it really sucks when you see entire communities get destroyed because one person decided to wake up that day and behave like that.
Owen Lloyd

I like and back the idea of "godotcommunity". Can be dot anything
megalomaniak

SweetIce wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:44 pm I am more concern about the old data, is that a plan to migrate it somehow ?
No, and I haven't tried if PM's still work on the old forum. But Cyber has promised to leave the old forum up for the time being so google search links won't disappear or stop working just yet.
duane

Has anyone tried to email him? I suspect that once he cools down a bit he'll be willing to share the database.

https://godotforums.org/p/1-contact