Forum suggestions

Talk anything unrelated to the Godot Engine
Qwerty

DaveTheCoder wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:23 pm If you can write GDScript, you can handle BBCode. :mrgreen:
Sure, I can handle it. Doesn't mean I like it or that it's convenient lol

(Also are you saying that GDScript has bad syntax? Average JS user ngl [joke])
megalomaniak wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:19 am As a past admin of the previous forum, I honestly think that BBCode is the better option.
I wasn't asking to get rid of BBCode entirely. I was asking to allow Markdown and HTML.

Also, if you ask me, Markdown is more readable (like lists, quotes, and tables [Is there table syntax in BBCode?])

P.S. sorry for late reply
Qwerty
megalomaniak

Qwerty wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:29 am
megalomaniak wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:19 am As a past admin of the previous forum, I honestly think that BBCode is the better option.
I wasn't asking to get rid of BBCode entirely. I was asking to allow Markdown and HTML.

Also, if you ask me, Markdown is more readable (like lists, quotes, and tables [Is there table syntax in BBCode?])

P.S. sorry for late reply
Unless you know to name a maintained mixed editor plugin I don't see how that's an option.

I do like markdown myself, the issue is the 128+ implementations of it which all started out as extensions but ultimately went changing the basic core syntax and this fractured the whole spec. Also tables aren't part of the basic core syntax of either. But OG markdown did allow html to be used, so html tables in some markdown implementations do work.