Karlsson

Introduce yourself to the Godot Community Forums.
Karlsson

Hi there I'm Karlsson.

I'm not a game dev, but more of a tooling and systems programmer with a strong interest for game development. I live in Netherlands with my wife and daughter, but grew up in Sweden the first 40 years of my life.

Being a systems programmer I come in contact with many languages and technologies, and I'm a use-the-best-tool-for-the-job person, often making sure to know the newest trending languages while keeping up with the basic ones.

On the side I do 3D Printing, painting, electronics design and repair. But I'm in no way artistic like actual artists are, my nerdism stays in the realm of programming.

I came here because I'm interested in how Godot is developing, especially the programming part of it, and I have some ideas I would like to make real with the engine and I truly loved the tutorials on stayathomedev's channel so far. I probably don't watch all the top list videos that happened recently, but I think they're mostly there to have content in between content.

If anyone have generic questions about programming, data and so on, they can always ask me. It's my biggest interest and I like to help.

Cheers!
stayathomedev
Site Admin

Cool! Welcome!

What kind of ideas do you have in mind?
Karlsson

My main idea is very old now, I got it in the beginning of the 90's, so 30 years or so. It involves first person cyberspace hacking inspired by some variety of literature from the 80's scifi books and roleplaying games. No one has done this similar to the way I imagine it.

It will likely never happen. I'm a team player, often in the leader or mentor role and I thrive from working and bouncing ideas with others. It's very hard to get to know artists or other programmers that are prepared to set aside the time necessary to get rolling and at the same time be motivated enough.

In the mean, I do what I do =)
kilrain

Karlsson wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:37 pm My main idea is very old now, I got it in the beginning of the 90's, so 30 years or so. It involves first person cyberspace hacking inspired by some variety of literature from the 80's scifi books and roleplaying games. No one has done this similar to the way I imagine it.

It will likely never happen. I'm a team player, often in the leader or mentor role and I thrive from working and bouncing ideas with others. It's very hard to get to know artists or other programmers that are prepared to set aside the time necessary to get rolling and at the same time be motivated enough.

In the mean, I do what I do =)
It's not too hard to find someone with the ability, time is a problem and they more often have their own ideas for a game they want to spend time on and not willing to drop it for a team lol
Karlsson

Very true indeed.