Looking for some tips on using AnimationPlayer to handle cutscenes

Post any engine-related development questions or issues you are having to receive advice, support, or help.
Gaiseric

So, having just come over recently from using Unity for the past 2 or so years everything has been going pretty smoothly but I'm having problems finding any good information on how to handle cutscenes or just simple little scripted events taking place in a level. Have been using an AnimationPlayer node and not having any issues with using it to move the camera around and animate objects for the scene but I can't seem to really find any good information on how to handle things that need to be done from a script. For example I have a scene that begins, then the camera pans around the terrain and zooms in on an object. At this point I need to be able to enable another node that is a particle effect of a lightning strike hitting the object at a certain key frame during the animation. Is it just a matter of writing a script and attaching it to the AnimationPlayer node to handle these types of things or is there something I'm just missing being used to using timelines in Unity?
Gaiseric

Gah, feel like a moron. Played around a little more with it and figured it out... never even tried using a call method track and then adding a keyframe, made perfect sense once I did that and saw the popup with the script methods