Hasty Counter game

Share your projects currently being made in the Godot Engine. Game, app, plugin, prototype, all are welcome!
Nimah

Hi all. I'm 36 and I'm currently learning Godot engine.

I made a small prototype of a game called Hasty Counter. I'm not sure about this name, since I'm not a native English speaker.
I would love to read any suggestions about this game. And I hope you'll enjoy trying it.

https://nick-mahura.itch.io/hasty-counter

The main idea is: to count numbers, and choose between 1 correct and 2 wrong answers.

For the nearest future, I'll polish it as much as I can, and do something like MVP.

Just a small thing: I'm not sure why, but my game/prototype looks different as a HTML version. I'm developing on mac. So the mac build looks like in editor (I think 1:1) but in HTML version everything becomes very small. So I've created a "Control" Node to make everything bigger with code just for HTML build.

Here are some screenshots:

Thank you all!
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-07-18 at 09.56.59.png
Screenshot 2023-07-18 at 09.56.59.png (65.27 KiB) Viewed 2559 times
Screenshot 2023-07-18 at 09.33.29.png
Screenshot 2023-07-18 at 09.33.29.png (53.79 KiB) Viewed 2559 times
Screenshot 2023-07-18 at 09.33.22.png
Screenshot 2023-07-18 at 09.33.22.png (54.46 KiB) Viewed 2559 times
Azo

I think this could be really neat if you could choose what grade level of math you could play on. Also, perhaps the difficulty of the current problem should add a certain amount of time to the countdown. For example, a simple addition problem would at a couple seconds to the timer where simple algebra might add a little more.
Last edited by Azo on Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nimah

Azo wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:08 pm I think this could be really neat if you could choose what grade level of math you could play on. Also, perhaps the difficulty of the current problem should add a certain amount of time to the countdown. For example, a simple addition problem would at a couple seconds to the timer where simple algebra might add a little more.
Thanks for your feedback. I will definitely use the tips.
I created timer to calculate points: less time spent to answer - more points you'll get. This was my plan for the future update.
Also, regarding difficulty level: I wanted to make game start with only 2 numbers to be added (5 + 6), and add the third one after some time, or some amount of points. And then add other operations, like "subtract, multiply, divide" for even harder levels (2 + 5 / 2).
Azo

Nimah wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:19 pm Thanks for your feedback. I will definitely use the tips.
I created timer to calculate points: less time spent to answer - more points you'll get. This was my plan for the future update.
Also, regarding difficulty level: I wanted to make game start with only 2 numbers to be added (5 + 6), and add the third one after some time, or some amount of points. And then add other operations, like "subtract, multiply, divide" for even harder levels (2 + 5 / 2).
Oh, alright. Still I think it is neat.
Nimah

Azo wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:24 pm
Nimah wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:19 pm Thanks for your feedback. I will definitely use the tips.
Oh, alright. Still I think it is neat.
Thank you :)
b4ux1t3

I made something like this (though as a CLI app) recently as a way to practice my own "quick math" skills. I have the code for it over on GitLab.

I've been considering using Godot to make a graphical wrapper around it for on-the-go practice.

Great job on this!
Nimah

b4ux1t3 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:14 pm I made something like this (though as a CLI app) recently as a way to practice my own "quick math" skills. I have the code for it over on GitLab.

I've been considering using Godot to make a graphical wrapper around it for on-the-go practice.

Great job on this!
Thank you. This is awesome. Thanks for sharing.