can i move my project (godot 3.5) to the newest version 4.1?

Post any engine-related development questions or issues you are having to receive advice, support, or help.
PotatoWithComputer

hey guys this is my first question so hopefully i'm following the rules and not being too complicated...

I'm making my game on godot 3.5 currently, and I'm worried about things that might change when moving to godot 4.0 or 4.1. I'm afraid of code syntaxes that I already use being changed, and I'm also worried about the game's performance, even if it's in its early stages...

is it a good idea to move this project to godot 4.1? and if so, what are the possible changes that are good and/or bad that I will have to wait?

sorry if some parts are weird or something... english is not my language.
Facts about me:

1. my english still a work in process
2. im a potato
grey

the time you will spend converting the project largely depends on how big and complex it is

a lot of things have changed in Godot 4 so there's definitely some stuff you will need to fix manually although a lot of things are also automatically converted

if you decide to try converting your project to Godot 4, make sure you backup your project and then convert a copy of your project using the latest version of Godot 4 because it has better conversion, try running your game and if it doesn't run (most likely) try fixing whatever is giving you errors or simply isn't working

Godot 3.5 is still receives updates and is very usable so you can still use it for your current project

good luck
@lifeisspoon on twitter
PotatoWithComputer

Thanks for the answer! i thought godot 3.5 was becoming obsolete with all the 4.0 updates... i think i'll still stick with godot 3.5 because as i'm new to the language, i think it's better to get a little more used to the language before changing the version...

I'll also see if I put a picture on my profile...

well, about the project and its size, it's small for now, but I'm doing everything to make it right and work, I hope I can make my game unique and good.
Facts about me:

1. my english still a work in process
2. im a potato
grey

while Godot 4 is the latest version, Godot 3.5 is still the LTS (long term support) version, so it keeps receiving bugfixes and even new updates

check out : https://godotengine.org/article/godot-3 ... op/#future
@lifeisspoon on twitter