First few weeks of migrating to Godot

Share your projects currently being made in the Godot Engine. Game, app, plugin, prototype, all are welcome!
Gaiseric

So not much but figured I'd post a screenshot of my old abandoned Unity project I decided to bring back to life in Godot. Haven't done much with the test player model yet, it's really just that, a placeholder to replace the horribly made one from the old project that didn't deform properly and the texturing is incredibly basic. Really having a good time playing with the particle system though. Honestly having a really hard time deciding on a color scheme for the whole thing, not really planning to go super detailed and aiming for an old school Out of this World / Flashback type look. Something about those games was always very cool to look at.
pic.png
pic.png (71.74 KiB) Viewed 2162 times
stayathomedev
Site Admin

Gaiseric wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:35 am So not much but figured I'd post a screenshot of my old abandoned Unity project I decided to bring back to life in Godot. Haven't done much with the test player model yet, it's really just that, a placeholder to replace the horribly made one from the old project that didn't deform properly and the texturing is incredibly basic. Really having a good time playing with the particle system though. Honestly having a really hard time deciding on a color scheme for the whole thing, not really planning to go super detailed and aiming for an old school Out of this World / Flashback type look. Something about those games was always very cool to look at.pic.png
Cool! What's the camera/mode? 3rd person? Or like a fixed 3d/2d?
Gaiseric

It's going to be fixed, it's actually heavily inspired by Gauntlet Legends. Just want something arcadey and fast, always loved that game for how easy it was to just jump into. That's something else I've gotta figure out how to handle with it switching camera angles as you move through a stage the way it did. I've done a little reading on viewports but haven't even gotten close to that point. Right now just working on a simple placeholder title screen that goes to the character select then instantiates the player into this little intro scene after a cutscene plays where you get resurrected from the coffin... the particles there are again very early work on the lid of the coffin exploding just had it set to emitting when I took the shot. Right now it's just a test player node and an enemy skeleton node placed in the tree to test the movement, collisions, combat all of that. Once I get everything in place and that whole flow working I'll probably put up a video. It's almost like starting all over from scratch as this was the first project I started with in Unity just to get a feel for it and now bringing it back to learn the basics of Godot feels like learning it all over again lol